Power-Star online energy meter
Do you know the exact amount of energy you use during production or from day-to-day operations at your business? Do you have the capabilities to optimise your operations? Managing and measuring your energy consumption at your business is key for maintaining profitability and staying ahead of the competition. It does not matter if you are in the financial or hospitality sector, any business can benefit from accurate energy measurement and pro-active intervention.
The Power-star online meter is a locally manufactured meter that provides real-time data, that can be used for a variety of purposes.
Once the meter is installed on site our clients will receive a secure login account, where they will be able to keep track of their energy usage. With the constant influx of new data and information, you can stay on top of your energy usage.
With the help of our energy management service, provided by our team of energy professionals, we will be able to assist you in formulating an action plan to reduce energy bills as well as optimise your current energy usage.
Installing the meter is only the first step:
- The Power-star online meter allows you to control all aspects of your business. Energy consumption can be remotely monitored that will allow engineers and managers to fix problems in the existing energy infrastructure without the delay of collecting data, as the information is updated every 60 seconds.
- Various reports can be pulled from the online interface that ranges from: financial reports to trend reports on usage and summaries on general consumption.
- Electricity bills can be compared with bills from your local council and verified. Our benchmark tool places you in the driving seat as you can set production and energy goals ranging from daily operations to monthly cycles.
- We can analyse loads on your equipment to identify defective ones and avoid it from impairing your business.
- Your current electricity tariff can be analysed, to find the best possible solution in keeping input costs to a minimum and to optimise production.
- The meter can be installed at multiple billing points to aid in assuring fair and accurate electricity bills for both tenants and landlords.
- Power factor and peak demand loads can be viewed instantly and corrections implemented immediately.
Our online meter is the first step in measuring and managing your electricity costs, and to make sure that your business runs optimally.
Architecture of our Online Meter
The Power-Star unit is a purpose built data logger, with an integrated GSM Modem. The meter is equivalent to a Class 1 metering standard (within 1% accuracy). All energy metrics are measured except for harmonics.
It uses GPRS with an onboard modem to transfer energy readings every 60 seconds to a central MS SQL server.
The data is processed and analysed upon arrival. The infrastructure is secure, and independently hosted with regular backups.
It can be accessed through any web browser and the data includes Energy Metrics,
environmental information as well as financial and billing data.
The benefits of our Online Meter is independent communication and real time data that is available to you.
Power-Star online energy meter specifications
|Voltage Input Range||85V-260V Phase-to-Neutral|
|Frequency||50Hz ± -5%|
|Communication Interface||1 x USB Port|
|Communication Protocol||Modbus RTU|
|Clock Accuracy||Standalone Accurate to ± Minute/Year (0 ̊C to +40 ̊C)|
|Automatically Synchronised via GPRS network||Power Consumption|
|< 5 VA|
|> 4 VA|
|Data Storage||Non-Volatile Flash Memory|
|Expected data retention in the absence of power||Minimum 5 years|
|Controlling and Setting Specifications|
|Number of controllable loads||4|
|Maximum switchable load current (On-board relay)||5A @ 230V AC|
|Connection Method||Normally Open / Normally Closed|
|Load Connection setting||4 x On-board Dip Switch|
|Control / Default Mode||1 x On-board Dip Switch|
|Indication||16×2 LCD Display|
|Verification Output||2 Pulse-output LED’s representing kWh and kvarh|
|Signalling at 1000 Impulses per kWh or kvarh,|
|Independent of CT and VT Ratios|
|Kvarh Impulses (1000 Imp/kvarh)|
The Power-Star app allows you to gain insight and control of your energy usage.
Try our demo now to see the valuable information made available to our users.