The Powertrack portable energy data logger was designed to be used by electricians and engineers for various energy studies, the meter is very specific in its application. Smaller in size and portable as the name suggests, the meter is purpose built for analysis and other detail orientated tasks. Some of these energy data logging tasks will include:
- Providing a precise window into the site or buildings energy profile, while also evaluating or quantifying future or previous interventions respectively (energy management and assessment)
- Performing Power Factor surveys.
- Access the electrical capacity before adding further loads on the system (load studies)
- The sizing of generators.
- Costing analysis to determine energy consumption trends.
- Helps to identify opportunities for demand control to curtail peak demand load and energy costs.
- Detection of voltage trends.
- Energy meter and CT verification functionality.
“Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.”Henry David Thoreau
Designed with simplicity in mind
The effectiveness of the Powertrack meter lies in the philosophy of the designers, which is to be simplistic. The simplistic nature of the data logger provides several benefits such as:
- Rugged design: The rugged and simplistic design of the data logger ensures for longevity of service and overall strength for handling various different situations.
- Dependable: It has been used extensively in the field.
- Easy to install: The data logger is very easy to install with a setup guide that is clear and understandable.
- Easy to use: The portable data logger comes with all the software pre-installed, no need to pay for extra software in order for it to analyse certain parameters. All of the parameters are set and is easy to navigate, whether you want to view KVA or demand loads.
- Analysing made easy: The measurement can be between one second to one minute. The software makes it easy to evaluate the recorded data on a pc and all of the calculations has been done. Graphs and statistics are available on all of the parameters.
- Low cost: The simplistic design allows for a low cost unit with innovative flexible ct cables. The portable energy data logger does not need a battery to keep on recording like other data loggers. This and the pre-installed software lowers the cost substantially.
- Warranty: The data logger is covered with a 1 year warranty.
The Powertrack portable energy data recorder includes:
- Portable energy data logger with protective casing
- Flash Drive with installed software
- Voltage leads
- Crocodile clips
- CT’s are not included as prices differ.
Powertrack energy data logger technical specifications
|Voltage input Range||85V ac – 260V ac (Phase to Neutral)|
|Current Probes Supported||0 – 5 Amp clip on; 0 – 1 Amp clip on|
|Flexible Passive Current Probe||(1600/800/400/200A)|
|Communication Interface||1 x RS232 Port|
|Communication Protocol||Modbus RTU|
|Clock Accuracy||Accurate to ±1 Minute/Year (0°C to +40°C)|
|Keypad||20 Key Alphanumeric|
|Power Consumption||3.5 VA|
|Expected data retention||Minimum 5 years|
|Type of Display||128 x 64 Graphical LCD with backlight & contrast control|
|Instantaneous||Line Current (Per Phase)|
|Displayed Values||Phase Voltage (4Wire/3Watt Only)|
|kW (Per Phase & Summed)|
|kVA (Per Phase & Summed)|
|kVar (Per Phase & Summed)|
|Power Factor (Per Phase & Summed)|
|Measuring Method||3Watt/4Wire or 2Watt/3Wire|
|Memory Capacity||4 MB|
|Memory Type||Non Volatile Flash|
|Parameters Recorded||V, I, kW, kVA, kVar and Power factor (Per phase & Summed)|
|Recording Intervals||1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 Second(s) or Minute(s)|
|Recording Method||Average over recording period|
|Recording Buffer||Continuous buffer (FIFO)|
|Typical Recording Time||22 Hours 45 Minutes @ 1 Second|
|9 Days 11 Hours 35 Minutes @ 10 Seconds|
|8 Weeks @ 1 Minute|
|2 Years 17 Weeks @ 15 Minutes|
|Onboard Statistics and Month End Data|
|Voltage||Highest and Lowest Voltage|
|Energy||Active Energy Import|
|(Meter Grand Totals)||Active Energy Export|
|Reactive Energy Capacitive|
|Reactive Energy Inductive|