Power-Star looks to engage with potential partners in Africa to increase energy efficiency.
With economies in Africa steadily growing and electricity becoming a highly priced commodity, managing and measuring the energy that we do have becomes increasingly important. Power-Star is looking for partners in Africa to start an energy efficiency revolution that will empower Africa to compete with the world markets. According to The World Bank: “25 African countries face an energy crisis. The African continent is well endowed with energy resources but most remain untapped. Solutions to this problem include: boosting cross-border power trade, improving existing utility companies, improving access to electricity on a large scale, while helping countries chart low-carbon growth paths.”
The Power-Star solution:
We designed a compact and easy to use online metering system. It is truly homegrown and sets the standard for high frequency real time data recording devices. The system allows you to log in to a secure server and remotely monitor your site or business’ electricity consumption. Energy data being recorded is refreshed every 60 seconds that allows you to make quick decisions to save both time and money. The Power-star meter has been installed in some the biggest hotels around the world as well businesses in the industrial and financial sectors.
Benefits of using Power-Star
- Data is recorded in real time.
- Your energy data can be viewed from anywhere in the world.
- Electricity bills received from your local council can be verified.
- Analysis of your current tariff structure to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Energy management projects can be implemented and improvements through behavioural changes or retrofitting of lights or any strategy to improve the general energy infrastructure can be quantified by our online meter.
- The meter will allow you to set benchmarks to improve the sites energy consumption and cull energy wastage.
- Various meters can be installed for accurate sub-billing purposes (tenants etc.)
- Power-Star has accredited CMVP technicians that will be able to carry out M&V projects.
- The meter also allows for you to look at your power factor and to make the necessary changes to lessen the peak demand load.
- Various reports can be pulled, from financial to monthly reports on energy usage to keep track of your energy profile.
If you have any questions regarding our online energy meter or any queries in regards to the possibility of working with us, you can contact us though our website or phone us at +27(0) 21 975 4529. Energy efficiency in Africa is important to all of us. Let us make a change towards a better Africa.